Let’s say you have a plan to create a one-product Shopify store. You may have a lot of questions right now. How to make your store more appealing? Which elements should you choose to emphasize your product features? Which style design suits your brand positioning? All of these aren’t easy to answer and you’ll be so unsure of what to do next.
That’s why we’re here, sharing with you a list of 8 important elements for a high-converting one product Shopify store.
Let’s get started!
1. Hero Image
A hero image is an oversized banner at the top of a website. It is usually the first thing your visitors will see and your first chance to grab their attention.
In fact, it only takes visitors 50 milliseconds to tell what your store is all about. Using a hero section with a high-quality image will help visitors identify your product as soon as they land on a page. Therefore, the hero image is one of the most powerful elements to make a strong first impression.
Let’s look at the hero image below developed by EcomSolid:
What makes this hero image work?
- High-quality image: Visitors know exactly what the store is selling, i.e, toothbrush.
- The headline: A clear, short statement of why they should buy your product, i.e, “Health Starts with Your Mouth”
- The subheadings: Highlight 3 strong features of the product
- The CTA button: Show the price in the CTA button to trigger buying action
2. Product Description
The product description includes all related information about the product like product title, product features, product image or video, pricing, shipping, variants, etc.
Take a look at this example:
This product description covers all necessary information in one place. Therefore, your visitors can easily get an idea of your product.
If you want to emphasize your product features/ benefits, it is recommended to use short and clear sentences instead of long paragraphs. Here is a good example:
If your product is simple like a T-shirt or shoes, the copy of this section doesn’t need to be so long. Keep it short and concise. But if your product is expensive or new to most of the audience, like a new smartphone with many innovative functions, then you should invest more in producing detailed content.
3. Customer Reviews
According to the Pew Research Center, more than 50% of American shoppers are now checking online reviews before making a purchase. Therefore, one of the best ways to build trust in your one-product Shopify store is to provide reviews from real people who have benefited from your product.
Here are some tips to ensure your customer reviews are trustworthy:
- Display the name of your customer
- Show the face of your customer
- Use a real image or a video to illustrate what they say
- Ask for specific information (A feedback like “Good product” doesn’t bring much value)
But how can we get reviews from your customers? It isn’t tough. The simplest way is to ask your customer directly for a review by sending an email follow-up or just a text message. But it could be easier to get their feedback if you can offer them something like a small gift or a discount for their next purchase. There are always some happy clients willing to leave a review, don’t be afraid to ask them.
Read more about 5 examples of successful one-product Shopify stores
4. Trust Badges
A trust badge is a logo or a symbol that you display on your site to confirm that your business is legitimate and all processes taking place on your store are safe and secure.
To increase your conversion rate, you can add some trust badges like:
- Safe Checkout Badges: This type of trust badge ensures that your checkout process is safe, your customer’s personal information or their credit card code will not be stolen. They are usually placed near your “Add to Cart” or “Buy now” buttons on your checkout page.
- Accepted Payment Badges: When you have payment badges from some recognizable brands like Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or PayPal, you make shoppers feel safe to buy from you.
- Trust badges from third-party companies: Third-party endorsements help instill trust by showing your visitors that you have credibility. To get this type of trust badge, you can apply to some common programs such as Better Business Bureau, Google Trusted Store, or VeriSign. They can be free, one-time paid, or subscription.
- Money-Back Guarantee Badges: According to VWO’s experiment, a “30-day money-back guarantee” boosted sales by 32% for online education service. Bring that much value, but this badge is completely free, you can make it yourself or download it online.
As an eCommerce store owner, you always want to increase your revenue. Instead of spending lots of money on advertising to acquire new customers, you can find ways to maximize the AOV (average order value) of your existing ones. Upselling is a good way to do that. This is the technique where you convince the customers to purchase upgrades or to get the more expensive version of the chosen item.
How can you do upsells for your one-product Shopify store? Here are 2 suggestions for you:
- Better features: You can offer a premium version of your product with several special features that can’t be found in the standard version, and of course, at a higher price. For example, if you sell toothbrushes, you could upsell toothbrushes sterilizer for people with cavities.
- Bulk discounts: You can also consider adding bundle products to encourage customers to buy more than one item. The more products they buy, the higher discounts they will receive. If your customer is buying a teeth whitening kit, you could offer two kits at a 10% discount.
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Even when you have a detailed product description element, a good product video, and lots of customer reviews, visitors will still have questions. That’s why having a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on your store will be beneficial. It helps:
- Explain some detailed information that your product description doesn’t cover
- Save your time on customer support from answering common questions over and over again.
- Provide a straightforward way to handle customer buying objections.
- Improve SEO.
- Earn the trust and build a closer relationship with your customers.
To have a list of questions to put into your FAQ, you can take a look at your page’s inbox or ask your customer support team. You might find lots of customer insights here. If you are new and haven’t got any questions from customers yet, do some research on your competitor’s website, Google, or Quora to have the most related questions.
7. Urgency and Scarcity Element
By adding urgency and scarcity elements, your customer will experience the fear of missing out (FOMO) which drives them to make purchase decisions sooner. With urgency, customers end up buying products as they feel like time is running out. With scarcity, they are encouraged to take action before the product is out of stock.
So how can you use this section to improve conversion? Try these:
- Limited-time sales and offers
- Offer flash sales
- Include a countdown timer in the product detail section
- Limited quantity
8. About Us
The About Us section could be considered as a great opportunity to share your brand store, not as an obligation element to complete.
Never underestimate the importance of the About Us page, it can:
- Tell a story of why you choose/ create this product and how special this product is to you
- Introduce the founder team and their mission, vision
- Share milestones and wins you have achieved so far.
Keep in mind that your About Us section is about you, so don’t shy away from showing your personality. This element is where you can build a more personal connection with your customers. Let them know how proud you are of this product and how much you love it.
This element can be a separated page, like the way CannyCollars, a one-product store selling dog harnesses, did:
or a small section near the bottom of your page, like the examples of a single product store called Neos SmartCam:
Now it’s your turn
Are you ready to start building your single product store? When you decide to dig a little deeper, new problems will probably come up and you can still get lost sometimes. Don’t worry, keep going, you will find ways to handle it.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below. We are pleased to help!